The proceeds of the Inter-School Golf Challenge Cup are currently donated to the McAuley Community Services for Women. This wonderful organisation has for many years had the mission of helping children and families in need. It is part of the Ministry of the Sisters of Mercy.
The MCSFW mission is to create a world that enables women and children to participate in society on their own terms through innovative services, advocacy and a caring community … so violence and homelessness can be eradicated.
McAuley Community Services for Women helps women and children who have experienced family violence and homelessness to take control of their lives. The organisation supports women and their children who are seeking safety from family violence by providing 24/7 crisis support and temporary accommodation. The women needing our support have experienced, or are at immediate risk, of serious harm: through physical and emotional violence, threats, sexual assault, and stalking. We work alongside them to plan the steps they need to move towards a new life free from violence and homelessness.McAuley House, Victoria’s first purpose-built accommodation for women who are homeless, many of whom have also experienced family violence, is a place for rest, recovery and reconnection, as well as a welcoming community hub.
Their objectives are:
- To expand accommodation services, regionally and nationally
- To build the capabilities of women and children through education, health and employment services
- To advocate for women and children, in places where they do not have a voice
- To develop and test solutions to empower women to rebuild their lives
- To build their capability and capacity to deliver integrated services and advocacy
The Women’s Inter-School Golf Challenge Cup supported the Cottage by the Sea for 24 plus years (since 1996) and in that time we donated $64,000.
Download the following McAuley Community Womens Service Resources.